Admission for International Students
We typically host 8 to 10 international students each year, coming to us from a variety of countries, and we hope these students will stay for the duration of their high school career and graduate with their senior class. As an international student at Kalamazoo Christian High School you will be welcomed, cared for, encouraged, and challenged to become the best student and person you can be. We have monthly lunch dates with our international students to not only share food, but talk about how life is going at home and school. We celebrate the Chinese New Year by serving food to our student body which is a highlight of the year! Students are encouraged to share their culture with their classmates while at the same time learning what it is like to be an American student. Comments from our previous and current students always include ‘we love our teachers and they are so kind and helpful.’ Teachers are committed to helping all students, but are sensitive to the needs of our international students and the language barriers that add to their challenges.
- Students should apply through an agency due to liability reasons. An agency is beneficial in the handling of transportation, medical insurance, and other necessary arrangements that we are not equipped to provide for the student.
- We do not offer ESL classes.
- KCHS international students must live with an approved Christian family. We prefer to place students within our school community, however, other families are welcome to apply to be a host family. Such families would need to go through our interview process. Our host families are paid a monthly stipend to help with the room and board expenses of hosting a student.
- We will accept students only when we have an approved host family available.
- The I-20 is issued as the final step in the admissions process.
Tuition costs for the international student include expenses of registration, student Chromebook, textbooks, and class fees. The tuition cost for the 2023/24 school year is $13,650 with a $300 non-refundable enrollment fee. Host family fees may also apply. All money is due to the school by August 1.
For more information, contact our International Student Program Director Marc Moralez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Informative Video – To hear from some of our International Students and their hosts, click here to view a short video on the International Student Program