Kalamazoo Christian offers a Spanish Immersion program in our 3's and 4's preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second grade. The program started in 2011 and we will continue to grow through 5th grade by 2015.
- A proven method of educating children by immersing them in a second or "target" language so they become bilingual.
- A classroom environment that becomes the setting for language acquisition through core subject content instruction, educational discourse, and social interaction.
The benefits of Spanish Immersion
Empirical evidence reveals the following benefits to learning a second language:
- Has a positive effect on intellectual growth and enhances a child's mental development.
- Produces students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening.
- Improves children's understanding of their own native language.
- Enhances children's ability to learn additional languages.
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps children understand and appreciate people from other countries.
- Increases job opportunities in all careers.
Kalamazoo Christian has partnered with add.alingua to design the curriculum, provide teacher training and coordinate parent information meetings. Their expertise in working with other Christian Schools throughout the Midwest has given our program the support and training for a terrific foundation. More information about add.a.lingua can be found on their website.
You can also follow our blog or contact the elementary office at (269) 544-2332 for enrollment information and specific curriculum questions.