At KCHS, we value the educational benefits of diverse global influences and cultural understanding in our private Christian school community. For our current students and families, the addition of international students to Kalamazoo Christian High School results in increased cultural awareness and world perspective. Meanwhile, our international students benefit from the high-quality, Christ-centered high school education for which KCHS is recognized. Our international students are able to develop academically and spiritually with the support and encouragement of their host family and school community.
- Students are encouraged to apply through an agency due to liability reasons. An agency is beneficial in the handling of insurance, transportation and other necessary arrangements that we are not equipped to provide for the student.
- A student who applies independent of an agency, will need to provide proof of insurance, academic records, current medical records, and financial capabilities.
- All applicants will go through our regular admissions process as well as being evaluated for academic ability and English-language skills.
- We do not offer ESL classes.
- KCHS international students must live with an approved Christian family. We prefer to place students within our school community, however other Christian families are welcome to apply to be a host family. Such families would need to go through our interview process. Our host families are paid a monthly stipend to help with the room and board expenses of hosting a student.
- We will accept students only when we have an approved host family available.
- The I-20 is issued as the final step in the admissions process.
Application/Registration forms are here: http://www.kcsa.org/
Tuition costs for the international student include registration, Chromebook, textbooks and class fees.
The tuition cost for the 2017/2018 school year is: $13,500
The host family fee for the 2017/2018 school year is: $7000
The final cost of $20,500 is due to the school by August 1.
For more information, contact our International Student Program Director, Sue VanHamersveld