The first Kalamazoo Christian school was established in 1877 by the Walnut Street Church. Several other Christian elementary schools soon followed, along with the first high school established in 1939.
The increased interest in private Christian schools in the Kalamazoo area led to the establishment of North, South and East Christian Elementary Schools and Kalamazoo Christian High School over the next few decades. Finally, in November 1992, the Kalamazoo Christian Schools Association (KCSA) was formed, which linked all of these schools to better serve the educational needs of the students.
Today, the Kalamazoo Christian Schools have been efficiently consolidated to form one elementary, one middle and one high school. Throughout these changes, the KCSA has remained committed to preserving an academically excellent Christian education for each and every student in their schools.