Curious about what Kalamazoo Christian Schools have to offer? On top of offering a strong curriculum from preschool through high school, our schools offer a wide range of great programs, extracurricular options and spiritual growth opportunities.
Here are some fast facts about our private Christian schools:
- Average class size: 22
- 52% of staff hold advanced degrees
- Consistently high graduation rate
- 95% of seniors advance to college after graduation
- Highest scores on the Michigan Merit Exam in all of Kalamazoo County in 2011
- Highest mean score on the ACT in all of Kalamazoo County in 2011
- 52% of high school juniors tested as college-ready in 2011
- 5 Advanced Placement courses offered at Kalamazoo Christian High School.
- Spanish fluency by 5th grade at Kalamazoo Christian Elementary.
- Our students volunteer over 6,000 hours in the local community each year
- Staff members are committed Christians providing spiritual leadership in the classrooms and the community
- Bible classes are taught at each grade level and emphasize Biblical events, understanding God’s will for our lives, church history, Scripture memorization and Christian Worldview
- Regularly scheduled chapels and prayer times are held at each school
- Kalamazoo Christian celebrates the life, death and resurrection of Jesus in our Christmas and Easter programs
- The Junior Engineering Technical Society (JETS) finished in the top 10 nationally from 2006-2011
- KCHS Ambassadors and Chorale received "First Division Excellent Ratings" at the Michigan School Vocal Music Association State Choral Festival in 2011
- KCHS Quiz Bowl team won the state championship three years in a row (2008-2010)
- KCHS offers numerous athletic teams including basketball, soccer, tennis volleyball and track and field. Many of the athletic teams have gone on to win conference and state championships.
- Summer Sports Camps offered every year